Standoff mounts, screws and wall plugs suitable for fixing to most plasterboard walls are included with all Siisti wall planners. All planners come with basic instructions to assist you with installation.
How do I install my planner?
We recommend that two people assist when installing your planner. Follow the steps below to install using the standoff mounting hardware:
- Using a pencil and ruler, mark the desired height of the top of the planner from the floor.
- Place your planner on the pencil markings so that the top of the planner is positioned on the pencil line. With a level, check your planner is straight and mark the screw positions through the screw holes.
- Using a 5mm drill bit, drill holes in the wall where marked for the screw positions. If using your own wall plugs, follow the manufacturers’ instructions.
- Push the wall plugs into the holes and tap in lightly using a hammer or rubber mallet.
- Thread screw into spacer, and screw spacers into the wall plugs.
- Reposition planner over the spacers and fix into place with the screw caps.
Note: Use fixing devices suitable to the walls you are installing your planner onto. Alternative fixing devices can be purchased at hardware stores.
Can I hang my planner without damaging my walls?
While we recommend securely fixing your planner to the wall, you can temporarily hang your planner using removable mounting strips. Removable mounting strips can be purchased with your planner as an alternative to standoff mounts.
Please note mounting strips suitable to hold the weight of the planner must be used. Install removable mounting strips as per manufacturer’s instructions.
Below is the manufacturers instructions for installing the removable mounting strips.